- Equip your vehicle for both city and distance driving with
snow tires or all-season tread
tire chains; shovel
extra clothing or blankets
an emergency food supply
charged cell phone
signal devices such as flares
- Speed limits are for dry roads. Slow down on snow and ice.
- Increase the distance between you and the car in front of you.
- Turn your lights on for safety.
- Maintain good traction by avoiding standing water and ice. Try to keep at least some of your tires in loose snow.
- Be patient, courteous to other drivers, and attentive.
Sign up for snow plowing information
and updates emailed directly to you by subscribing to receive SnowInfo updates. Updates are sent daily any time winter operations are under way. You will know when deicing is under way and which roadways are being plowed so you can make your driving plans.
Go to http://www.spokanevalley.org/snowinfo
, enter your email address, and select "SnowInfo Updates."