Spokane's 501(c)3 nonprofits should consider becoming a CFD Member Charity.
For many smaller charities
in Washington, the CFD is their primary source of funding. As a member of the CFD, charities have immediate access to thousands of donors.
The Combined Fund Drive
is Washington State’s workplace giving program for active and retired public employees. State, higher education employees,
and retirees are invited to give to the charity of their choice through
automatic payroll contribution and agency fundraising events. A small
percentage of each donation is used by the CFD to administer this
program (audits, training materials, staff). Advantages to Nonprofits - for receiving CFD donations:
Advantages to Employees - for donating to the CFD:
- Provides cost efficiency of funding charities with one consolidated check from member donors within workplace campaigns.
- Helps charities anticipate funding for their annual budget.
- Enables the charity to spend less time and money raising funds, by receiving funds from unsolicited donors.
- Funds raised through workplace giving are unrestricted. Charities can put them to use where dollars are needed most.
As of January 2013,
- Donations are regular tax deductible gifts documented on your regular pay statement, pledge form, and the required W-2 Form for tax purposes.
- Monthly payroll statements and pledge forms are the required tax documents. Annual contributions require bank records and a copy of the pledge form.
- Payroll deduction spreads the contribution across the entire year.
there are 794 nonprofits listed under the Spokane
section; however, less than 150 of those are actually located in Spokane County. These same nonprofits are also listed by service category
, but not alphabetically
. It may appear difficult for the donor to isolate the Spokane charities, since the list is not confined to just our County; however, each Spokane County coordinator receives an annual list of all participating charities to share with their employees. Washington State has proven to be one of the most giving states
in the nation for 24 years. Each year, over 17,000 active and retired public employees pledge more than $5 million to over 3,800 different local, national and global charities.The CFD is a wonderful opportunity to advertise
your organization for FREE among thousands who are looking for a charity to donate to.
Nonprofits may register online
at any time during the year to be included in the
website list of nonprofits; however, application must be made by the
May 1st deadline to be included in the printed list
The CFC campaign runs annually
from about September 1 to January 1 of each year. It is administered in over 250 different State
agencies and higher education institutions. Funds are distributed quarterly, with the first payment in April of the year following registration.