Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/87/7462187/html/SpokaneCares/index.php:3) in /home/content/87/7462187/html/SpokaneCares/index.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/87/7462187/html/SpokaneCares/index.php:3) in /home/content/87/7462187/html/SpokaneCares/index.php on line 3
Support Programs | for Elderly, Ill, and Disabled in need of care
Support Programs

Anyone who suspects abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property of the elderly, ill or disabled may issue a complaint to the caregiver or boarding home.  If the complaint is not resolved, you may contact Aging and Adult Services Administration or the State Ombudsman at 1-800-562-6028.

3 Medical Support programs

1)  Hospice Care.  This is for terminally-ill people.  They will come into your home or nursing home.  They provide a lot of volunteer services and support for the patient and family in the grieving and dying process.  

2)  Home Health Care.  This is for skilled nursing services in the home, and for people who go home from the hospital and are in need of extra services until they are able to live safely on their own. These agencies sometimes also provide homemaker services as part of their program—but that is paid for privately and not funded by insurance or Medicare.

3)  Day Care.  This is implemented in Assisted Living and Nursing Homes.  It gives family a place for their loved ones to go during the day when care givers are working, or they need to go to appointments for a few hours.  

Local Organizations
Additional Resources

Boarding homes in general

Aging and Disability Services Administration

Assisted Living Facility Licensing Rules 

Washington Administrative Code 388-78A

Administration on Aging -
National Resource

Providence Adult Day Health
6018 N Astor
Spokane, WA   99208
Caring for the Elderly and Caregivers.  Providing respite for caregivers, nursing, rehabilitation, case management, and activities for loved ones. 

Washington State Ombudsman


Washington State resources