Criteria for Acceptance
SpokaneCares.org strives to improve our community by:
- Helping those in need find resources.
- Helping service organizations communicate their vital messages.
- Helping community members embrace service, and find meaningful ways to serve.
Values to be Maintained
- Charity is the prevalent theme throughout the website.
- Spokane Cares supports the family. We promote and encourage the establishment of strong families.
- Spokane Cares maintains a high standard of decency. Spokane Cares will
not promote any organization, program, or event which is felt by the
Board of Directors to contain visual, written or other purposeful
material which is offensive or inappropriate for children. We do not
allow profane language.
- Spokane Cares restricts the promotion of the following adult-oriented
content: dating services, sexually suggestive content, images
containing exposed skin and nudity, and promotion of sexually explicit
- Spokane Cares values diversity and respect for others. Spokane Cares
was established upon basic standards and principles of truth, justice,
equality, freedom, and the rights of mankind. We do not allow the
promotion of hatred, violence, intimidation or harassment, racial
discrimination, religious or political intolerance, or organizations
with such views.
- Spokane Cares reserves the right to reject any
organization, resource, individual, group, or article which does not
meet our standard. Spokane Cares, Inc. has no legal obligation to admit
onto the website every organization, group, individual, resource, or
article; and every organization, group, individual, or resource has no
legal right to gain admission to the SpokaneCares.org website.
Information on the site
- Spokane Cares claims the right and authority to approve or reject any information submitted for inclusion therein.
- Spokane Cares, Inc. does not attempt to tell the viewer what to think or
do, but merely what the viewer may want to consider. No one is forced
to view or act upon this information.
- Viewers are encouraged to a) Use this data as a general guide only, not
as the ultimate source; b) Seek professional advice when needed, and c) Contact specific organizations before beginning a service project for
- Every effort has been made to give credit to sources of information, when
possible. Due to the constant flow of knowledge which flows from
unlimited sources, it can be very difficult to determine the original
source of all information.
- Spokane Cares has taken every reasonable precaution to provide accurate
and reliable information. Our intent is to supply information ONLY, to
be used with good judgment, to help the viewer make informed decisions.
This information is not intended to give or replace professional advice.
The viewer is responsible to consider other options and opinions, just
as they would when receiving information from any other source of
- Spokane Cares has made every attempt to create a safe and positive
experience for users. We have set our policies in accordance with our
values and the culture of our nonprofit. When we find content that
violates our requirements, we may block it from appearing. In cases of
repeated violations, we may stop organizations from adverting with us.
- Those who share personal and resource information with Spokane Cares are
hereby advised that any and all of that information may be shared on
SpokaneCares.org to accomplish the purpose of the website.
- Neither Spokane Cares, Inc. nor any director, officer, employee, or
volunteer of said corporation shall be liable for any losses caused by
reliance on the accuracy of the information provided. The information
on this website should not be considered a substitute for professional
or legal advice. Any person who relies on the information obtained from
this site does so at his/her own risk.
- The world is full of people who are happy to share information while
standing in lines at the grocery store, sitting in waiting rooms, riding
on airplanes, or eating with friends and family. May we never cease to
share and gather knowledge and wisdom from one another.
Disclosure of Information
- Resource Contact Information. Phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, Fax numbers, and website addresses are requested to facilitate viewer interaction with those resources.
- Email addresses for individuals and nonprofit corporations are solicited and necessary for the purpose of communication between Spokane Cares and those resources which desire acceptance onto the website.
- Spokane Cares will not allow for-profit businesses to profit from our email list by giving out our email list to businesses which are trying to profit from the organizations on our site, even though these email addresses are posted on our website and may be compiled by the viewer.
- Spokane Cares does not gather, disclose or sell to third parties any private information about the community resources, which is not currently available online to the public.
Community Resources with Pages
- Resources are nonprofit or not-for-profit organizations. Resources provide services to Spokane County residents, and must provide an address in Spokane County. We reserve the right to accept limited nonprofits outside of Spokane County which provide meaningful services within Spokane County. This does not include citizens who drive outside of Spokane County to find services in another county. Any exceptions will be considered on an individual basis.
- Resources are responsible for the accuracy of their own information. Submission of data which is inaccurate, incomplete or unauthorized may be assessed and contested by the webmaster. Individual organizations log-in and edit their own page of information to provide accurate, updated information. Every effort has been made to make this website as accurate as possible; however, there may be errors, both typographical and in content; organizations may disband without our knowledge; statistics and scientific studies which are constantly evolving are subject to change; opinions of experts and professionals may vary; and website or physical addresses may change without notice. Please use this data as a guide only, seeking professional advice when necessary.
- Resources which do not require volunteer help can remain on the site as simply a resource providing services.
- Resources offer a service to the community of Spokane County. This website is not intended to provide a completely exhaustive list of topics or organizations. We do not list all of the grocery stores in Spokane under FOOD—but, we choose to include locally grown food at Farmers’ Markets which support our local farmers.
EXCLUDED: Nonprofits which do not serve the Spokane
community at large, such as HOA’s, school booster clubs, or family
foundations. Churches which do not sponsor community programs to assist
those in need are also excluded.
which are for-profit. Organizations which attempt to gain an unfair
advantage over similar organizations. Organizations which attempt to
trick or bypass our review process.
whose main purpose is to promote liquor consumption, or recreational
drugs. Organizations promoting products or services which cause damage,
harm or injury to health or life. (Examples of dangerous products and
services: recreational drugs, chemical or herbal; equipment to
facilitate drug use; weapons, ammunition, explosive materials and
fireworks; instructions for making explosives or other harmful products;
tobacco products; abortion.)
- Resources may not conflict with our Values Statement (above).
Cares has made every attempt to create a safe and positive experience
for users. We have set our policies in accordance with our values and
the culture of our nonprofit. When we find content that violates our
requirements, we may block it from appearing. In cases of repeated
violations, we may remove a community resource from this site.
Resources cannot promote or enable dishonest behavior. We value honesty and fairness. Resources may not use SpokaneCares.org to intentionally deceive the public about their services.
- Spokane Cares has no legal responsibility to accept all resources; and
others have no legal right to be placed on this website. We reserve the
right to either approve or exclude any organization’s presence on this
site. If a group requests inclusion, the burden is on them to
demonstrate how they meet the designated criteria for acceptance.
must conform to the written instructions on the website. Resources must
conform any logo, photo or video length inserted on their page, to the
image and video sizes and established standard of decency determined by
the Board of Directors.
Topics and Articles
- The information obtained on this website is to be used with judgment. It is intended to supply information ONLY. This information is not intended to give or replace professional advice. The viewer is responsible to consider other options and opinions as they would when receiving information from any other source of information. Please use this data as a guide only, seeking professional advice when necessary.
- We reserve the right to either approve or exclude any topic where a request has been made for that topic to have a presence on this site. All material must be appropriate for children to view.
- Local professionals within Spokane County are invited to contribute their advice to the topics in those areas where they have expertise.
- Article submissions must conform to the standard established by the Board of Directors of Spokane Cares, Inc.
- Writers are responsible for the accuracy of their information. Viewers are to use this data as a guide only, seeking professional advice when necessary.
- Social workers/counselors. In an effort to help viewers evaluate the credibility of the information on this site, SpokaneCares asks all counselors (and other professionals) to provide their
- Washington State License #
- Specific areas for which they give counsel
- Spokane Cares does not promote political candidates, or engage in political or legislative activity.
- Spokane Cares has taken every reasonable precaution to provide accurate and reliable information with sources of information. Every effort has been made to make this website as accurate as possible; however, there may be errors, both typographical and in content; organizations may disband without our knowledge; statistics and scientific studies which are constantly evolving are subject to change; opinions of experts and professionals may vary; and website addresses may change or disappear without notice.
Calendar of Events
- Nonprofits with their own pages are allowed to post their events onto the Spokane Cares Event Calendar.
- We reserve the right to either approve or exclude any event requesting a presence on this site.
- Events posted by nonprofits must be open to the public at large.
- Spokane Cares restricts promotion of events which involve gambling to raise money.
- Spokane Cares restricts promotion of events where the main purpose is to consume drugs or alcoholic beverages. This exclusion is partly due to the tragedy of drug and alcohol abuse in our families, where they contribute to much sorrow from fetal alcohol syndrome, DUI’s, alcoholism, abuse, divorce, damage to health and death. We will not imply that drinking alcohol can improve social, professional or athletic standing; or imply that drinking alcohol provides health benefits; or portray excessive drinking in a positive light; or feature tours of wineries; or promote competition drinking.
1. Volunteers are asked to find their own service opportunities by using the tools on this website.
- Spokane Cares is not licensed to give professional advice. We respond to emails received through the “Contact Us” tab by directing the sender to help lines, local services and professionals.
- Incoming emails are not monitored 24 hours a day. Spokane Cares will respond as quickly as possible by email, not phone.
- Information received in emails, such as full name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and other personal information will be respected and handled with appropriate care.
- Complaints relating to this policy, or perceived non-compliance with this policy, should be forwarded to the Director of Spokane Cares, Inc.